2014 in Review
This year marked our 25th Anniversary at 2200 Bristol Circle in Oakville. Our Twenty Fifth year in our ‘new’ building (I really must stop calling it that) has been one of those generational milestone years where everything original is wearing out:
• The phenolic foam roof needed to be replaced
• The HVAC system is nearing the end of its life
• The foundation plants that were part of our original landscape plan are either just starting to develop into beautiful mature trees ... or … have just reached the end of their life expectancy and have started to die
• The IT infrastructure that was state–of–the–art twenty five years ago has already been replaced FIVE times
• The fluorescent lights and fixtures throughout our office and warehouse are old and inefficient and replacement energy-hungry tubes will soon be hard to find
• The parking lot needs resurfacing – again
• The office décor is in need of a makeover
I don’t mean to sound like the Grinch who stole Christmas. This list might actually become my Christmas gift list. In fact, these maintenance benchmarks are not problems. They are the naturally occurring scars and blemishes of a corporate veteran that has survived most of the material things used to conduct business long enough to even have this anniversary.
The really important things however are not wearing out. As we head into 2015, we are even more enthusiastic, more positive and more prepared for growth than ever before.
• Davis Controls Ltd has been in business in Canada for 81 years
• This year we are surpassing our previous sales record year by more than 20%
• We continue to add new Products and Technologies and people to support them
• New lines, new people and new R&D developments from established suppliers continue to breathe new life into our applications scope and solution capabilities
In many ways, 2014 was a year of positioning and investment in an even more promising future that begins with 2015.
From all of us here at Davis Controls Ltd. to our valued client and provider partners, we wish you all a Very Merry Christmas and a safe and prosperous New Year.